I recently purchased the EcoTools lovely looks brush set from TK Maxx and I am super excited to give you an honest review of them.
These are the first branded makeup brushes I am trying. I generally never buy branded brushes as I see them as overpriced whilst doing the same job as unbranded ones. Boy was I wrong.
Add a pop of color and look radiant with the Lovely Looks: Glamorous Glow Set. Complete with soft, cruelty-free bristles and beautiful artist-designed ferrules, complete your look from base to finish with the five essential brushes that are included.
Create an even base with the Foundation Brush, specially designed with pointed-tip bristles for precise coverage and flat sides for an all-over even blend. Sweep on powder and blush with the Powder/Blush Brush for a fresh complexion and a pop of color to define your features. Use the wide, tapered bristles of the Shadow Brush for an even, accurate application of shimmering color to your eyes. Define your eyes using the Flat Eyeliner Brush and a favorite powder, gel, or cream liner along the lash lines. Finish off your look using the Lip Brush and your favorite lipstick, gloss or stain to create a bright finish.
* Full disclosure: This post may include affiliate or referral links which means I may get commission. This does not cost you anything whatsoever and will help keep this website running *
Price : My purse likes you! The total set cost me £8 (it was on sale at TK Maxx) so of course I had to buy it! Even without the sale, it retails at between £10-15. (Hint: You can buy it from amazon, and their new version of this is a lot cheaper than the original! Also a lot prettier!)
Design: They’re cute brushes that’s for sure! Sturdy and the bristles don’t fall out! So you can just tell that they are GOOD quality! The only downside I do have is that they don’t have a wide range of designs, they all have a wood print (because, well, it’s wood). I think I would definitely purchase more if different prints are available, which is slowly happening!
Product: Going to break this down in super simple terms so you’re not reading loads!
- Are they soft? Yes! So so soft! Bristles are not hard whatsoever
- Do they blend well? Surprisingly, yes! I have used the eye brushes for eye shadow looks and the brushes work wonders! I like that not a lot of product goes to waste and you can build up how much you want on the brush itself
- Are they worth the money? Definitely!
Why I love EcoTools:
- #MyTrueBeauty – EcoTools have partnered up with Glamour Magazine’s non-profit initiative called The Girl Project. In a nutshell, to support global efforts to send girls everywhere to school. Every time you share a message of women’s empowerment on social media using #MyTrueBeauty and tagging @EcoTools, they will donate 80p to Glamours’ The Girl Project. That’s pretty neat!
- ‘All EcoTools products are earth-conscious: our cosmetic brushes, bath tools, and even our packaging.’ – They like the earth! They use natural products and recycled materials!
- They’re cruelty free AND vegan!
NOTE: All opinions are my own! This is not a sponsored post!
I can’t wait to try more ranges from EcoTools! I might just add them to my August Wishlist!
What’s not to love?
[amazon_link asins=’B003ZX32ZO,B01MQQBJ48,B001EM1BBK,B01N7CHK17,B00GNA9KKM’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’mevstheodds-21′ marketplace=’UK’ link_id=’09d1ea27-843e-11e7-a847-270279d0f463′]
Lots of love,