This one will be a little different, I want to talk about Nutree Life, a vegan protein and nutrition brand that I had the pleasure of trying recently.
Now, vegan protein was something I was quite skeptical about, I’m not a vegan or a vegetarian, but I very much respect where those who chose to live that life are coming from. What caught my eye was the fact that the brand offered more than just snacks, they offered protein powders (for protein shakes), protein bars and even burger mix. Odd to me, but useful for someone who would be looking for it. Admittedly the snacks did catch my eye, I can’t say no to brownies.
Nutree Life Chocolate Brownie Protein Snack Bites
- Each brownie came individually wrapped, so if needed I could pop one in my bag and go without the worry of crumbs at the bottom of my handbag.
- The brownies were gluten, wheat and soya free, and claim that only natural ingredients are used.
- They were high in both protein and fibre.
- Admittedly, I wasn’t a fan of the taste. To me the brownies tasted very dry and artificial? What I mean by that is that it tasted like the brownies had protein powder in them, instead tasted quite natural.
Nutree Life Original Protein Flapjack Squares
- Again, only natural ingredients were used, and the products are soya and gluten free.
- Bitesized portions, similar size to the brownies, and individually wrapped so convinient for on the go.
- High in protien, over 5g per serving
- Again, unfortunately, the taste was a huge negative for me. The flapjacks tasted very dry and powdery, unlike what you would expect it to be like.
I really like the idea behind the brand, and if I was to give it another go I’d try the protein powders because it can be mixed with other ingredients to bypass the taste. Unfortunately I don’t think I’d be trying the snacks again unless Nutree Life introduced a new recipe for them.
I was gifted these products, but all opinions are unbiased and completely my own.
What do you think of the brand? Would you be giving them a try?
Lots of love,